Some of my most wonderful experiences have been:
- Of having doctors prepared to change their routines to have a baby calm in immediate skin to skin contact on mothers chest with delayed cord clamping in the operating room during a caesarean , and being so surprised at how calm the baby is!
- Of four sets of twins breastfeeding on the operating table.
I love supporting parents on the start of their breastfeeding journey!
- Helping mothers and babies coordinating to get a deep latch and learn the dance of breastfeeding
- Very tired mums after little or no sleep, still lovingly holding their baby to the breast as they get breastfeeding started
- Yes and also watching mums still feeding even when their nipples are tender or sore as they want to give their baby the best food and comfort
- Watching mums cope with engorgement
- Watching dads gentleness in supporting, encouraging and melting as they hold their newfound little treasure
- Of watching God answer prayers
Best of all is supporting a young woman as she becomes a mother, and a young couple as they become a family. What an AWE-SOME privilege!
Thank you to all of you!